We are currently experiencing network issues. If you need to reach the hospital please call (208) 541-4174. Click here to learn more.
Volunteer Requirements & Expectations
- Applicants need to be able to commit to 100 hours within a 12 month period
- Must be 16 years or older
- Pass a background check
- Complete a health screening
- Receive Annual Flu Shot (or to wear a face mask for the entire flu season)
- Arrive on time for scheduled assignments; provide adequate notice for absences; log hours volunteered; stay home when ill to avoid exposing other volunteers, staff, and patients.
- Respect the confidentiality of patients, staff, and visitors.
- Adhere to the Volunteer Program’s dress code, which defines the appropriate and professional appearance of the volunteer staff; wear official name badge every shift.
- Attend volunteer orientation, training sessions and scheduled in-service meetings.
- Respect and support patients, visitors, staff and other volunteers by abiding by the hospital and volunteer service rules and guidelines concerning discrimination and sexual harassment.
Upon passage of the background check, a new volunteer will need to have a health screening. During the Appointment, they must show proof of vaccination or complete a blood to test for immunity from the following viruses:
- Chicken Pox
- Measles, Mumps & Rubella
Volunteers must also receive an annual flu shot by November 1st each year or they will be required to wear a surgical mask while at the hospital from November to March.
- Volunteer shirt
- Volunteer Lanyard (appropriate color for the month)
- Official Name Badge
- Pants can be slacks, khakis, and jeans. Jeans must be clean, NOT distressed. NO leggings or shorts.
Hospital staff and patients rely on volunteers to show up for their shift, so it’s important that you come in on time and ready to work. If you are unable to make it to a shift, you need to try to get it covered by another volunteer. If you cannot find anyone to cover for you, notify Volunteer Services that you will not be in. Please give as much notice as possible.